06 - Comparing data - Enable scenario projection comparison (under development)💙
This training course provides guidance on how you can document typical numerical data from climate and energy modelling so that the likelihood of a good-quality semi-automated scenario projection comparison based on the Open Enrgy Knowledgegraph (OEKG) increases.
this training course is currently under development. Please check back regularly to check on its status.
For whom is this training and what can you learn?💙
This course is aimed at researchers, no matter whether you have programming skills or not, who
- want to publish their data on the OEP
- want that their data enables good quality scenario projection comparisons
After reading the sections of this training course you will
- be able to document your scenario projection data in a way that helps the Open Energy Knowledge Graph (OEKG) to process semi-automated scenario projection comparisons
Why is it important to document my numerical data in a certain way?💙
The OEP allows you to contribute numerical data in any structure and in any unit you want to. This is an important design feature of the OEP: it allows for a broad contribution of scenario projection data from heterogenous backgrounds. By allowing this, the OEP makes it easy for its users to contribute their data, without forcing them to invest additional time to obey to a mandatory format.
This potential heterogenity of how numerical data is structured and documented in terms of units, makes it challenging for semi-automated scenario projection comparisons to provide spot on reusults.
Thus we decided to provide some guidance on how to structure and document your data so that the likelihood increases this data contributes to good quality semi-automated scenario projection comparisons that - sometime in the future - the OEKG will offer on the OEP.
About this course💙
- Authors: Hannah Förster
- Copyright: (c) Öko-Institut (2023)
- Contact: email@example.com. License: CC BY 4.0
- Attribution: Öko-Institut (2023): Comparing data - Enable scenario projection comparison on the Open Energy Platform. Last update: 2023-02-27