Community Management is critical for the success of the Open Energy Family. The Community Manager fosters a collaborative environment and communicates between the community and the development team. They gather feedback, prioritize requests, and organize events that facilitate engagement and collaboration. Effective Community Management ensures that the framework meets the needs of its users and adapts to the changing needs of the energy research community.
To accompany the ongoing development and success of the Community, two steering committees have been established: the OEO Steering Committee (OSO-SC) and the OEFamily Steering Committee (OEFamily-SC). Both steering committees play a critical role in guiding the development of the Open Energy Family and the OEO. Their oversight and strategic direction help to ensure that the framework and ontology remain relevant and useful to the energy research community.
You can find the dates on the Contact page.
The OEFamily-SC is responsible for the overall development and strategic direction of the Open Energy Family framework. The committee works closely with the core development team to ensure that the framework meets the needs of its users and remains aligned with the goals of the project. It meets regularly via conference calls and in-person meetings to exchange information and review planned and completed tasks.
Tasks of the OEFamily-SC#
- Maintain an overview of the OEFamily and its structure
- Identify existing and planned functions and components
- Determine responsibilities and time lines for development
- Identify similar projects in the field
- Support the development of the OEFamily
- Support in prioritizing tasks and decisions about the development progress
- Ensuring the sustainability of the development through continuous feedback and testing
- Act as a mediator and decision-making body
- Enforce the code of conduct for interpersonal issues
- Utilize the Dev-Meeting processes for content-related disputes
- Support external communication efforts
- Represent the OEFamily at conferences and public events
- Maintain and expand networks, identifying key individuals and organizations who should be informed about the OEFamily and OEP
- Foster connections between users and developers
- Communicate with funding bodies and government ministries
- Develop and advance the vision of the OEFamily
- Developing and pursuing strategies to expand and improve the functionality
- Identifying future areas of application and integrating new technologies and developments
The OEO-SC is responsible for overseeing the development of the OEO and ensuring its adoption in currently running and planned projects. The committee meets regularly via conference calls and in-person meetings to exchange information and review planned and completed tasks. The committee also maintains a continuous exchange with ontology developers through GitHub.